Exploring Canada’s waterways in a canoe is one of the most unique and meaningful ways to experience the outdoors.
In fact, it’s an iconic Canadian activity!
Our canoeing expeditions are designed as much as a school as a typical guided trip. In welcoming full participation from our clients, our intention is that paddlers will emerge from our multi-day trips fully prepared, knowledgeable, and capable of leading their own personal river-canoeing expeditions.
2023 Canoe Trips
Our 2023 Calendar has some NEW exciting white water canoeing adventures as well as familiar favourites including:
- Turnagain River Expedition – This exploratory trip is for skilled paddlers and confident backcountry adventurers, We are excited to explore this gem of a playful river running through the northern Rocky Mountains!
- Four Rivers in Four Days – including another NEW trip in the Kootenays! Enjoy some of BC’s best whitewater canoeing rivers in this fun skill building trip. Book early -these ones fill up fast!
- Kootenay River Trip – 6 stunning days on the glacial blue Kootenay river in the heart of the Rockies
- Upper Stikine River – experience northern BC’s true rugged beauty in this 14 day wilderness adventure.
Why Choose a Guided Canoeing Trip instead of exploring on your own?
- Treat yourself to slow down and take it all in. There is great freedom and value in having someone else be responsible and constantly vigilant about what may await around every corner! Joining a guided trip allows you more space and energy to fully participate in your trip, enjoy the people you’re with and truly take in every breathtaking moment of your adventure.
- Relax and know that the meal planning and preparation is being taken care of. Our guided expeditions include all meals. After a long day of paddling, it can be a truly marvelous thing to sit by the river and relax while dinner is being prepared for you.
- For the majority of people, the river environment is the largest surprise on a canoeing trip. Our certified guides will ensure that everyone is comfortable with the environment and learn necessary skills to confidently navigate the river.
- Play more! Stop and surf the fun waves and play with river features a bit more than you might on your own self-guided trip. It is easier to truly play knowing that that you have skilled guides as back-up to rescue you in the event that you dump.
- Canoeing can be tricky sport to learn, and each river has many new things to teach us. Our guides are great teachers that are happy to pass on canoeing knowledge so you can improve your skills. Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions or ask to spend half a day in a boat with them!
- Thinking about buying your own outfitted whitewater canoe? Want to try out that Canyon, Dagger or Prospectueur on a trip before you buy your own? Rent one of our high quality boats for your scheduled excursion!