Kootenay River Canoeing
Next expedition dates Aug 22-28, 2019.
Paddle glacier-blue water among the rugged peaks of the Rocky Mountains.
Duration: 6 days on the river Max Participants: 10 people
Dates: Aug 22 – 28, 2019
Cost: $1850 + GST. Early-bird pricing ends March. 10 (save $200)
BONUS: Receive a 10% discount on a 2-day river-canoeing course taught by a certified Paddle Canada instructor in advance of the expedition. Discount applies to tuition and rentals.
Skill Level Required – level II (intermediate)
Participants have experience canoeing on easy rivers and are confident adventuring in the outdoors. They are comfortable around/on/in moving water. Participants can expect to build on skills and experience in new and challenging conditions under the leadership of their guides. Participants should be fit and capable of carrying their canoe and gear over rough terrain.
Included in Price:
- Guiding and safety
- Canoeing instruction as required
- All food and meal planning (cooking is a shared effort) for the 6 days on the river
- Transportation from Vernon BC to the river and back – including the shuttle
- Camping fees
- High-quality paddling equipment: canoe, paddle, PFD, helmet, wetsuit, large dry-bag or barrel, small dry-bag, safety equipment
- BONUS: 10% tuition and rental discount on a 2-day river-canoeing course near Vernon BC, taught by a certified instructor. We offer this feature to support you to brush up on your canoeing skills before the big trip.
Not included in the price:
- Front-country meals (on the road) – Day 1 breakfast, lunch, dinner, Day 2 breakfast, Day 7 dinner.
- Park Entry Fee (you may have already paid this if you have a Discovery Pass with Parks Canada)
- Cooking and cleanup – we all take our turn helping the guides, so please expect to help out on 1 day of the whole trip.
- Personal camping gear, tent, sleeping bag, thermarest – available to rent if you don’t have your own.
Other Important Details
- Minimum age 18, or with guide’s consent
- Maximum 10 participants
- Early-bird pricing available before March 10, 2019 – save $200
- Early-bird pricing is always available for bookings of 3 or more participants
- To help you prepare, you will be issued a detailed trip package upon receiving your registration.
- A $500 deposit is required to hold your reservation. The balance is due 90 days prior to departure, after which time, no refund will be available. Refunds can be issued up to 90 days prior to the trip date but a $200 cancellation fee will be deducted. Special considerations may be made for medical conditions.