Interested in teaching canoeing?
Learning how to teach canoeing is one of the best ways to improve your own technique and prepare you for paddling trips with family and friends.
Course content will include:
- Teaching methods and group management
- Group safety and leadership
- Risk management
- Solo and Tandem rescues
- Teaching strokes, theory and manoeuvres
This course is intended for:
- Youth organization, school, and outdoor program instructors or leaders
- University/College outdoor program students
- Private instructors
- Recreational canoeists wanting to up their game!
- A pre-requisite for folks interested in becoming moving water, tripping, or other paddling instructors
- Club leaders
Proficient paddling skills and/or certification appropriate for the course. For example, RCABC Lakewater Level I (tandem) and Lakewater Level II (solo) equivalent skill, Basic Moving Water Tandem and Solo.
Lake Water Instructor Course dates for 2021 to be announced or added by request.
We are in the process of adding more information to this page. Please check back again soon or contact us directly for more detail.