Elements Adventure Company’s Big Canoe (voyageur) tours are the perfect way to get your school group, corporate group, or family out on a river or lake. While no experience is necessary to participate, paddling these large, historical boats takes teamwork and camaraderie.
Take an autumn Big Canoe trip down the Shuswap river for an intimate and unique perspective of the fall salmon run.
Tours are guided by Paddle Canada certified guides, and are held on one of the many lakes or rivers near the Okanagan, BC.
Custom Team-Building Voyageur Excursions – Lake or River Paddling
We specialize in designing the kind of voyageur canoe trip that will fit your interests and time-frame. Contact us for a quote.
These guided, one or more-day voyageur canoe tours are perfect for schools, corporate groups, or families. Enjoy an introduction to river canoeing and a great day out in nature.
At the end of this day, you will:
- have had a fun time with your group out on the lake or river using one of our group-friendly voyageur canoes;
- feel comfortable with using the essential safety equipment that is needed while out canoeing; and
- be able to use the fundamental strokes to help paddle these versatile canoes.
Prerequisites – none.
Minimum participants required are 6 per tour. Maximum 18 adults.
Enjoy an intimate and unique perspective of the fall salmon run in the Okanagan. On this tour you will:
- View the salmon at one of their popular spawning grounds near Enderby, BC;
- Get to ask all of your questions about the salmon run in BC;
- Enjoy a customized tour experience just for you & your group.
Tour availability depends on the exact timing of the salmon run and may vary from year to year. Typically, the salmon run happens early September to mid-October and that’s when we can offer these tours.
- contact us for custom tours for your group. A minimum of 6 adult participants is required.
Salmon Tour Cost Per Person
Prices for day tours are $75 plus tax for adults, $35 for kids 10-16 yrs. Minimum age is 10 to go on the river.
Minimum group size is 6 adults.
DISCOUNTS: 10% for groups of 3-5; 15% for 6 or more. No individual payments please.
REGISTRATION only valid if accompanied by a deposit of $60/tour (non-refundable or transferable within 7 days of tour date). Balance due 7 days prior to tour start. No refunds within 7 days of tour start.
Tours are usually held on various sections of the Middle, or Lower Shuswap River or on many of the small lakes surrounding Vernon, BC. Please contact us for more information or to register.