Rescue Courses for Paddlers
Level 1 (BASIC) – April 17 & 18, 2021
Level 2 (ADVANCED) – May 1 & 2, 2021
Rescue Course Tuition – $310 + GST
Register for a level 1 and 2 course in the same season and receive a 15% tuition discount on both!
Finally, a rescue course series designed for river canoeists!
These invaluable, RCABC-sanctioned courses will have you out of the canoe as much as in it, throwing ropes, swimming rapids, re-entering canoes, building anchors, and exploring different ways to set safety for difficult rapids. Even if you’ve learned some of these techniques before, the practice is priceless and is one of the best ways to become more comfortable and confident on the water. This is a must-have series of courses for anyone planning their own river trip.
What is included in the tuition?
Includes 1 dryland evening on the eve before the course and 2 days of on (and in) the water instruction and practice.
2021 Rescue Course Dates
- Level 1 – April 17 & 18 (including evening theory session April 16)
- Level 2 – May 1 & 2 (including evening theory session April 30)
- Contact us to book a private course
Who takes this course?
- wilderness guides looking to certify, re-certify or practice their rescue skills
- teachers, club leaders, or others wanting to be in a leadership role on trips
- paddlers looking to learn or dust-off the latest in rescue practices and procedures