Rescue Courses for Paddlers
April 18 & 19, 2020 – Level 1 (BASIC)
May 9 & 10, 2020 – Level 2 (ADVANCED)
Rescue Course Tuition – $310 + GST
Register for a level 1 and 2 course in the same season and receive a 15% tuition discount on both!
Finally, rescue courses designed for river canoeists!
These invaluable, RCABC-sanctioned courses will have you out of the canoe as much as in it, throwing ropes, swimming rapids, re-entering canoes, building anchors, and exploring different ways to set safety for difficult rapids. Even if you’ve learned some of these techniques before, the practice is priceless and is one of the best ways to become more comfortable and confident on the water. This is a must-have series of courses for anyone planning their own river trip.
What is included in the tuition?
Includes 1 evening dryland session on the eve before the course, 2 days of on (and in) the water instruction and practice, and transportation from Vernon, BC.
River Rescue Course Dates 2020
- April 18 – 19, 2020 (including evening of Apr. 17) – LEVEL 1
- May 9 – 10, 2020 (including evening of May 8) – LEVEL 2
- contact us to book a custom course
Who takes this course?
- wilderness guides looking to certify, re-certify or practice their rescue skills
- teachers, club leaders, or others wanting to be in a leadership role on trips
- paddlers looking to learn or dust-off the latest in rescue practices and procedures