Rescue Courses for Paddlers
Level 1 (BASIC) – April 30 May 2022
Level 2 (ADVANCED) -TBA (Fall 2022)
Tuition $350 per person + GST
Register for a level 1 and 2 course in the same season and receive a 15% tuition discount on both!
Finally, a rescue course series designed for river canoeists!
These invaluable, RCABC-sanctioned courses will have you out of the canoe as much as in it, throwing ropes, swimming rapids, re-entering canoes, building anchors, and exploring different ways to set safety for difficult rapids. Even if you’ve learned some of these techniques before, the practice is priceless and is one of the best ways to become more comfortable and confident on the water. This is a must-have series of courses for anyone planning their own river trip.
What is included in the tuition?
Includes 1 dryland evening on the eve before the course and 2 days of on (and in) the water instruction and practice.
2022 Rescue Course Dates
- Level 1 – April 30-May 1 (including evening theory session April 29)
- Level 2 – TBA
- Contact us to book a private group course
Who takes this course?
- wilderness guides looking to certify, re-certify or practice their rescue skills
- teachers, club leaders, or others wanting to be in a leadership role on trips
- individuals looking to venture out on river trips with friends
- paddlers looking to learn or dust-off the latest in rescue practices and procedures