Four Rivers in Four Days
Join Elements Adventure Co. for a 4-day river canoeing adventure to paddle some of BC’s top interior rivers – in tandem or solo canoes! Endless canoeing on class 1-3 rivers through land steeped in the history of mining, transportation, and ranching. Each day will comprise of some driving, world-class paddling, great food, and a lot of fun.
$925 + 5% GST SAVE 10% on registrations 5 months in advance of each trip!
Upcoming Dates: June 21-24, 2019 September 20-23, 2019
Included in the trip fee:
- Guiding, safety, route selection and instruction from two certified professional guides
- All lunches, all snacks, and 1 breakfast
- Transportation from Vernon, BC in the comfy EAC van
- Camping fees
Not included in the trip fee:
- canoes & paddling equipment (available to rent)
- clothing and personal camping equipment (tents, sleeping bags and mattresses are available to rent)
- 3 breakfasts and 4 dinners (to be purchased at local mid-priced restaurants)
People who go on this trip:
- are solo OR tandem canoeists looking for a safe way to experience more of BC’s finest whitewater
- want to improve their paddling technique and would appreciate some instruction
- have a keen sense of adventure and enjoy the unexpected
- love to play in the outdoors in the company of other adventurous, dynamic people
NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED A PADDLING PARTNER TO PARTICIPATE!!!
Skill Level Required – level II (intermediate)
Participants have experience canoeing on easy rivers and are confident adventuring in the outdoors. They are comfortable around/on/in moving water. Participants can expect to build on skills and experience in new and challenging conditions under the leadership of their guides. Participants should be fit and capable of carrying their canoe and gear over rough terrain.
The 4 Rivers in 4 Days trip will choose four sections from the following Okanagan rivers: Coldwater, Tulameen, Similkameen, Nicola, Thompson, Adams, Middle Shuswap and North Thompson.
“Thank you Charles! These 4 days were an amazing experience and opportunity for growth, learning, and pushing limits. You are exceptionally good at what you do and we feel very fortunate to have been guided by you and Keiran.” L. & H Brunns, Mara, BC
- Camping will be at Provincial Campgrounds or Forest Service Rec Sites.
- EAC will arrange our camping accommodation on behalf of our group in advance.
Meals – some additional cost
- Participants are required to purchase 3 of their own breakfasts and 4 dinners at local establishments.
- All snacks, all lunches, and 1 breakfast are provided.
Boats and Paddling Equipment
All paddling equipment (tandem and solo river canoes, helmets, wetsuits, drysuits, PFD’s, paddles) is available to rent – see prices below.
Rental rates (without GST) for 4 days:
- tandem canoe – $35/person
- solo canoe – $50/person
- whitewater paddle – $15
- PFD – $15
- Helmet – $15
- Wetsuit – $25
- Drybag – FREE
- Canoes come fully outfitted with knee pads, thigh straps, air bags, spare paddle, bailer, throw-ropes and painters.
- Wetsuits are farmer john/jane style.
- Drysuits can also be rented from another source – please inquire.
- Participants are responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement of lost or damaged canoes and/or equipment. Reasonable wear is expected.
- All transportation will be in the comfort of the Elements Adventure Company van.
Pre-Trip Support and Paperwork
- Full packing list supplied in advance.
- Registration & Medical Information form, Policies & Procedures document, Waiver
- Bonus – see below!
- 10% tuition and rentals discount on any scheduled river-canoeing courses with our Paddling School in advance of the trip.
Other important details:
- maximum 10 participants, minimum 6
- minimum age is 18, or with guide’s consent
- a 30% deposit is required upon booking
- the balance is due 30 days prior to departure, after which time, no refunds will be given – special considerations may be made for medical conditions
- refunds can be issued up to 30 days prior to the trip date, but a $100 cancellation fee will be retained