Four Rivers in Four Days
Join Elements Adventure Co. for a 4-day river canoeing adventure to paddle some of BC’s top interior rivers – in tandem or solo canoes – or bring your stand-up paddle board or kayak! Endless canoeing on class 1-3 rivers through land steeped in the history of mining, transportation, and ranching. Each day will comprise of some driving, world-class paddling, great food, and a lot of fun.
$895 + 5% GST SAVE 10% on registrations 3 months in advance of each trip!
- June 18-21, 2021
- September 24-27, 2021
Included in the trip fee:
- Guiding, safety, route selection and instruction from two certified professional guides
- Camping fees, reservations and logistics.
- please see notes on ‘food’ below
Not included in the trip fee:
- Canoes, kayaks, SUP’s & paddling equipment (we rent whitewater canoes and paddling equipment – see below)
- Food – most participants elect to have food provided for an extra cost of $195 + gst per person, which includes all meals and snacks starting at lunch on Day 1 and ending after lunch on Day 4 (3 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 4 snacks, and 3 dinners). The guides prepare these delicious, sustaining meals at a reasonable cost so that we can eat together and share in the camaraderie of the experience. You are also more than welcome to bring your own food and cooking equipment if you prefer.
- Transportation – due to covid, we all need to travel in our own vehicles, but EAC will organize the shuttles.
- Clothing and personal camping equipment
People who go on this trip:
- are solo OR tandem canoeists, kayakers or SUP’ers looking for a safe way to experience more of BC’s finest whitewater
- want to improve their paddling technique and increase their comfort in more technical rivers
- have a keen sense of adventure and enjoy the unexpected
- love to play in the outdoors in the company of other adventurous, dynamic people
NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED A PADDLING PARTNER TO PARTICIPATE!!!
Skill Levels Required
Participants have experience paddling on intermediate rivers and are confident adventuring in the outdoors. They have taken an intermediate-level moving water canoeing course, are proficient with basic strokes, manouvres and easy self-rescue techniques, and are comfortable around/on/in moving water. Participants can expect to build on skills and experience in new and challenging conditions under the leadership of their guides. Participants should be fit and capable of carrying their canoe and gear over rough terrain.
The 4 Rivers in 4 Days trip will choose four sections from the following Okanagan, Shuswap, or Interior rivers: Coldwater, Tulameen, Similkameen, Nicola, Thompson, Clearwater, Adams, Middle Shuswap, Lower Shuswap, and North Thompson.
“Thank you Charles! These 4 days were an amazing experience and opportunity for growth, learning, and pushing limits. You are exceptionally good at what you do and we feel very fortunate to have been guided by you and Keiran.” L. & H. Bruns, Mara, BC
- Camping will be at provincial campgrounds, private campgrounds, or Forest Service Rec Sites.
- EAC will arrange our camping accommodation on behalf of our group in advance.
Boats and Paddling Equipment
All paddling equipment (tandem and solo river canoes, helmets, wetsuits, drysuits, PFD’s, paddles) is available to rent – see prices below.
Rental rates (without GST) for 4 days:
- tandem canoe – $50/person
- solo canoe – $75/person
- whitewater paddle – $20
- PFD – $25
- Helmet – $25
- Wetsuit – $35
- Drybag – FREE
- Canoes – these ain’t your regular Canadian Tire canoes! These Royalex or T-Formex whitewater canoes come fully outfitted with knee pads, thigh straps, air bags, spare paddle, bailer, throw-ropes and painters and plenty of rocker to play with.
- Wetsuits are farmer john/jane style.
- Drysuits can also be rented from another source – please inquire.
- Participants are responsible for the full cost of repair or replacement of lost or significantly damaged canoes and/or equipment. Reasonable wear is expected.
- Due to Covid, each person/family will be required to travel in their own vehicle with the exception of when we do the river shuttle each day. Please read our Covid protocols for shuttles.
Pre-Trip Support and Paperwork
- Full packing list supplied in advance.
- Registration & Medical Information form, Policies & Procedures document, Waiver
- Bonus – see below!
- 10% tuition and rentals discount on any scheduled river-canoeing courses with our Paddling School in advance of the trip.
Other important details:
- maximum 12 participants, minimum 6
- minimum age is 18 (or younger with guide’s consent)
- a $300 deposit is required upon booking
- the balance is due 30 days prior to departure, after which time, no refunds will be given – special considerations may be made for medical conditions
- please read our full cancellation policy for details