Our COVID-19 Response
The rivers are running…
We received the green light from the Recreational Canoe Association of BC and Paddle Canada to resume running courses and programs as of May 14, 2020 – with modifications to our normal practices. We have run many successful canoe courses and trips since and have become well versed in our procedures to facilitate increased hygiene protocols, wearing masks during the shuttles and distancing while adventuring.
We will continue to follow the recommendations from our local authorities in order to facilitate the control of this worldwide pandemic.
In the event of further changes, we will endeavor to provide registered clients with as much notice as we are able.
OUR NEW PHYSICAL DISTANCING MEASURES – for courses and trips
- We are limiting group sizes to 15 people in order to facilitate the 2 meter physical distancing recommendations. We may make exceptions to this number for more or less people as is appropriate.
- Participants will be required to drive their personal vehicle to the course or trip location.
- Participants are required to bring their own hand sanitizer and face mask to be used on shuttles.
- Each participant will be required to sanitize their hands and don a face mask before entering a shuttle vehicle.
- Door handles and seat belts will be sanitized after each use.
- We strive to have at least 1 empty space between each passenger in a shuttle vehicle.
- While in a vehicle with others, we are encouraging participants to minimize talking – especially loud animated talking, laughing, shouting, etc. as this is more likely to produce droplets (consider bringing a book to read, listen to music, or other quiet activities instead of conversing on the ride).
- Avoid coughing and sneezing! If you must, use your mask/ elbow pit..
- Food, clothing or gear will not be shared among participants.
- Cooking and serving of food will only be done by the guides after donning a face mask and washing hands.
- No participants will be allowed to attend if they are showing or experiencing any signs of illness or if any member of their household has experienced signs of illness in the previous 2 weeks. For Covid signs and symptoms, please see here.
Please contact us if you would like more information on our covid-19 measures.
We have a full calendar of course offerings this fall. See our events calendar for details. We continue to accept registrations and encourage you to claim your spot on courses and trips, as spaces for each are limited.
For cancelled courses, we will happily transfer your payments to any course or trip before November 2022, free of charge. 2020 rates will be honoured. If it should happen that we are unable to accommodate your schedule, our regular cancellation policy outlined on your registration forms will be honoured. Thank you for considering the transfer option.
We are very grateful for the grace, flexibility, and continued support we’ve received from clients during this challenging time. We wish you and your families health and happiness until we see you on the water again.
Charles and Co.